Tuesday, February 16, 2010

motel gym - yeah right!

In my effort to be the good little trainer, I booked myself a motel with a "fitness center" for my week-long conference in C'bus. After spending nearly 5 hours in my car last night (due to crazy weather and detours) I was ready to let out some steam. I asked the receptionist about the "fitness center" hours? She sorta snickered and said, "Well, anytime you want really...you'll probably have it to yourself all you want!" At that point I was a bit concerned. I took a quick look at the motel-room-sized center before tucking in for the night. It was dark in there, but I could make out the objects. Treadmill, check. Eliptical, check. Bicycle, check. Weight bench, check. So, I set my alarm for 5:45am and nestled in for the night.

I actually really got up @ 5:45...1st time all season! Then, scooted my butt down to the next level and opened the door & turned on the light to "my" fitness center. Treadmill...um, haven't seen anything like it since like 1979...works by gravity along with a hand-crank (no joke) to increase the resistance. Same for the eliptical - really a stair-stepper. I chuckled to myself and tried them both out - awful! Nearly busted my good ankle on the tread-thingy. Bicycle was the only sorta normal piece of equipment...but the screen was all broken...so no gauging your speed. HA! So, i reverted to doing some sit-ups, stretches, jumping jacks...all while laughing-out-loud, literally.

Tonight, Fazolli's in my motel room and the Olympics. That'll be enough of a workout for me for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment